Patti's Quilting and Fabrics Reopens with Patti at the Helm

After being closed for about a month, I was glad to see Patti's Quilting and Fabrics open again! I went in and I have to say - I was shocked. Where there were four rooms stuffed with fabrics, there is just the one now. Patti was there and as friendly as ever, and even though she didn't say much, I gleaned together the story of what had happened from what I knew previously and what I had figured out from knowing the people involved.

Patti and her husband had decided to semi-retire and they sold the business to a young woman she knew. With three years left on her obligation, this young woman closed the shop on a Saturday and cleaned out the fabrics - every last stitch - and then proceeded to open a new quilt shop in Clifton Park, which shall remain nameless. Ever gracious, Patti didn't speak about it - I got the low down from other women in the shop when I was there, but Patti didn't say they were wrong when I asked directly. She just said she was focusing on the positive and that within six months her inventory will be back to where it was. She also spoke of a new development, in which she will rent out her longarm by the hour to quilters who don't have one at home, yet want to do their quilts on one. This is exciting, as we don't have anyone doing this right now!!

Please support Patti as she makes her return to business. There is still quite a variety of fabrics at the shop and they are all on sale for $8 a yard, which is a huge bargain for this quality of fabric. I wish her great success and joy - and I will be there to use her longarm for sure!!

Comments